CURRENT and PROPOSED INITIATIVES
We look at the impact of each potential project and program on our mission, vision and values before accepting whether it becomes a part of the work in which we engage or support. Each project must have an element of sustainability and long term positive impact for the communities in which we serve.
Characteristics of successful initiatives: strengthen relationships with urban and rural consumers and producers, develop closed loop food systems processes, and support sustainable local urban and regional food systems. Elements of the shared commercial kitchen include small food business incubator, food service and job readiness training, kitchen rental service, and nutrition education programs.
- Collaborative Community Centered Food Hub
- The Entrepreneurship Invitational supported by Wells Fargo
- Culinary Workforce Training Program
- The Community Market Basket Project
- No More Empty Cups | A Nonprofit Coffee Shop
- Florence Community Garden
- Project Localize
- No More Empty Pots Shared Commercial Kitchen Initial Survey